Our client is a worldwide operating family-owned business and a global market leader and distributor for medical research devices and instruments with customers and distributors around the globe. The company stands for their high-quality and precisely crafted products, and serves thousands of customers in biotech and scientific research institutions worldwide.
We are looking for a driven and detail-oriented product management professional to join our great team in the Bay Area:
Product Manager Medical Instruments (f/m/d)
This postion plays a crucial part in our small but sophisticated team in the San Mateo vicinity, CA. and is encompassing a blend of cross-functional projects, duties, and responsibilities in a variety of business sectors including (Products, Customer Relations, Customer Service/Support, Business Development):
Our Product Activities Framework has these three areas:
- Strategic Product Activities – which is about working out what the right product is for the business and our markets.
- Inbound Activities – helping to deliver the product, and
- Outbound Activities – helping to sell the product.
You will also be responsible for:
- Managing product management and models and reinforce actions consistent with the Company’s values, vision, and culture
- Learning and owning the product line in all its entirety along with product development activities
- Inventory control and understanding product stock locations
- Plans, analyzes and attends tradeshows and conferences. Consult with global customers on product inquiries, give product recommendations, initiate and work with customer requests and inquiries.
- Establish and foster close relationships with new and potential high value customers and reengaging lost customers in cooperation with the sales team
- Initiate and engage in collaborations with coexistent companies for joint relationships, partnerships, training in relation to our products.
What we’d love to see
- Experience in product management
- Work experience in the medical instruments industry or in an academia lab is strongly preferred, but not required
- Professional and polished with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate in German (ideally also in writing) would be a tremendous plus
- Strong leadership ability with a positive enthusiastic attitude
- High attention to detail
- Ability to travel
- Open to other tasks and duties outside of the written job description, and willing to take on (i.e.: special projects or emergency team coverage)
We are excited about you because you…
- Are a self-motivated authentic and creative voice who believes strategic and clear communication is the foundation of a positive customer experience all while knowing that one size does not fit all, and thoughtful execution of a communications plan is just as important as the message itself
- Take a proactive approach to your work, and bring a clear point of view to every discussion
- Are able to present our products in a compelling and strategic way to our customers
- Have the project management skills needed to juggle multiple projects with the team simultaneously, with minimal oversight
- Open to intercultural experiences
- Take your work, but not yourself, seriously—and maintain a good sense of humor about both
What we offer
We are a small, collaborative team. We don´t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy´s sake. Are you ready to become part of us? You love to actively participate and want to seize the opportunities and the constant change in an expanding company.
You can expect challenging and exciting projects with a high degree of personal responsibility and independence. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k as well as a a progressive team spirit in a modern working environment are a matter of course for the company.
Sounds great? Then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail or online. We are more than happy to answer any of your questions also by phone.
Managing Partner QRC Group USA - Executive Search and Leadership Consulting
T: +1 (760) 835 1055
1420 Celebration Blvd, Suite 200, Celebration (Orlando), FL 34747