Our client is a worldwide operating family-owned business and a global market leader and distributor for medical research devices and instruments with customers and distributors around the globe. The company stands for their high-quality and precisely crafted products, and serves thousands of customers in biotech and scientific research institutions worldwide.
We are looking for a strong and hands-on contributor to our great team for our location in the Bay Area:
Staff Accountant (f/m/d)
The Staff Accountant will assist the Finance Department and the COO with Customer Invoicing Support, Accounts Payable support, and other General Accounting as requested.
What you'll do
Provide Customer Invoicing support:
- Prepare/process & distribute sales invoices, credit memos etc.
- Apply customer payments
- Assist, when necessary, with resolving discrepancies and reconciling items for cash receipts in an efficient manner
- Respond quickly and accurately to all inquiries while providing the highest level of customer service (internal and external customers)
- Preparing and analyzing data for profit-and-loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports, and income statements
- Assist with AR month-end reporting as necessary
- Timely preparation, review, and processing of AP items i.e. due dates and related communication
Provide Accounts Payable support:
- Serve as a backup to the COO and Finance Director for the weekly check run and ACH processing
- Prepare the monthly corporate credit card reconciliation and related journal entries
- Prepare month-end expense accruals, prepaid expenses, and related journal entries, and assist with AP month-end reporting as necessary
- Assist with sales/use tax filings and payments as required
Additional General Accounting support, including:
- Prepare the daily check deposit
- Assist in month-end close reconciliations
- Perform routine and ad hoc analysis as needed
- Provide support for special projects and other cross-functional initiatives assigned by management
- Work with external auditors and support financial statements, tax, and other audits, as necessary
What we’d love to see
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred
- Experience with SAP Business One
- Knowledge of state sales and use tax processes
- Experience in managing and reconciliation of fixed assets
- Ability to prepare annual 1099 forms
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy while maximizing efficiency
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Willing to learn and develop as needs of the company changes i.e., Audit and knowledge of GAAP
- Candidates need to be located within a reasonable commuting distance of San Mateo, CA
What we offer
We are a small, collaborative team. We don´t believe in hierarchy for hierarchy´s sake. Are you ready to become part of us? You love to actively participate and want to seize the opportunities and the constant change in an expanding company.
You can expect challenging and exciting projects with a high degree of personal responsibility and independence. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k as well as a a progressive team spirit in a modern working environment are a matter of course for the company.
Sounds great? Then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail or online. We are more than happy to answer any of your questions also by phone.
Office Orlando, 1400 Celebration Blvd., Suite 200, FL 34747 Celebration