Our client is the global R&D organization of a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. For the R&D laboratory in Munich we are now looking for a Senior Functional Safety Expert (m/w/d) to lead and contribute to overall Functional Safety Technology Strategy with innovative solutions and architectures that will make our client a recognized and relevant industry partner, focus on Automotive but not limited to this.
Senior Functional Safety Expert (m/w/d)
- Lead a team to research future trends of technologies, generate corporate level Autonomous System Safety Assurance Technology Strategy and Roadmap. Identify and formulate real-world safety problems provided by domain experts as machine learning problems, and clarify requirements.
- Analyze the real site data and design/implement novel machine learning algorithms for auto healing network and automotive solution.
- Organize cutting-edge AI Safety related technology research, such as SOTIF, Safety and Security combined engineering. Develop well defined AI safety methodologies and best practices.
- Work closely with a group of domain experts and researchers from different product lines to integrate as well as fine-tune algorithms into complex system platforms. Identify, initiate, manage and direct collaborations with research institutions such as universities and other partners.
- Shape the safety assurance approach to address the functional decomposition of Autonomous Driving (AD), ADAS solutions and smart manufacturing. Foster a forward-looking safety culture focused on proactive engagement and issue prevention.
- Ph.D degree in mathematics, computer science or related areas, have several articles published in the AI top conference or journal. Preferably with a proven background in AI system modeling or formal verification work background is a plus.
- Capability to problem formalizations (problem framing) which model the real-world problem into abstract mathematically precise problem model. Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the architecture definition, verification, analysis, design and certification of safety elements and systems for Autonomous Driving platforms and ADAS is preferred.
- Deep understandings on details of various supervised/unsupervised learning algorithms and have in-depth understanding of deep neural networks including CNN, RNN, LSTM, GRU etc.
- Expertise on modern systems engineering, hardware/software architectures requirements management practices and associated process management, demonstrate deep familiarity with MBSE and Experience with Modeling language is preferred.
- Familiar w/ Functional Safety standard ISO 26262 and/or IEC 61508 is a plus, documented by a relevant certification authority is a plus.,Good understanding and hands-on experience of related best-known design methods and standards in the industry, such as AUTOSAR, SOTIF, IEC 61508, automotive SPICE.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be eligible to work in the European Union to be considered for this position.