Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of adhesives. He is a leader in today's markets and shapes the markets of tomorrow with his adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. We are looking for a Senior Product Development Manager (m/d/w) for the location Düsseldorf.
Senior Product Development Manager (m/w/d)
- Develop new and innovative hotmelt products to primarily serve the consumer goods bussiness unit according to the business priorities and requirement profiles of the individual projects, steering the progress of projects, assign resources appropriately and track status in the stagegate system
- Engage suppliers and third parties to learn about, evaluate and introduce new technology or raw materials with tangible benefits and identify, qualify and introduce raw material alternatives to support overall cost of goods targets
- Drive the continuous improvement of product development capabilities, including physical facilities and team member competencies within own team
- Define, implement and monitor SHE-Q improvement actions within own team to ensure a safe, clean and efficient working environment in the development team
- Engage customers to learn about unmet needs, product improvement potentials and to offer deep technical support related to adhesive chemistry
- Responsible for a team of approx. 10 people
- University degree in a relevant field
- Highly driven, experienced manager with a minimum 10 years of experience
- Proven track record of successfully managing technical teams and delivering high value complex projects
- Working knowledge of hotmelt adhesive technology is a must, ideally with experience of successfully developing formulations for consumer goods applications
- Established network within the hotmelt adhesive raw material industry
- Fluent English language skills, German and other languages are advantageous
- MS Office skills
Our client offers a variety of attractive services, such as an excellent training program for your development and leadership opportunities, employee bonuses, various sports promotions, family-friendly working time models and extensive events to support employee loyalty.
We look forward to receiving your informative application documents!